Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jun-OOoooooohhhhhhhhh


Friday, July 04, 2008

Jun-OOoooooohhhhhhhhh

Current mood: sassy
Category: Life


Hello my friends and fam-

It feel like FOR-EVAH since I posted anything. Many of you know what a crazy, crazy June I had but for everyone else I will re-cap. It may take a few posts to get everything covered because I don't want to skip over some of the important (well, to me anyways) details. I am not sure whether or not to jump in chronologically or in order of life significance. I will put my brain in "cd shuffle" and see what comes out...you have been warned. :)

I guess the first thing that pops into my head is what I consider to be a WAY cool event and it kinda ties into my new pic I just posted of myself (which was taken yesterday at work cuz I was -sooooo- not feeling being in the office so instead I took about 50 pictures and was sending them on my phone to everyone I knew. Ummm, sorry to the people who got the pics that did not enjoy my random-ness. I blame too much time hanging with my niece Sierra...more on THAT later :) )
Ok...back to the event (you do recall the warning about randomness right??). I got to meet one of my top 3 FAVE authors. Her name is Jen Lancaster and anyone who enjoys my sense of humor should run, to the nearest bookstore and pic up all 3 of her books. Her event was the day after I got home from IA and while I was soooo tired I figured after begging for her to come to Phoenix on her blog (which I also HIGHLY recommend- she is one of my myspace friends and you should all be reading it!) it would be not only stupid but rather insulting to her to not go. I am soooo glad I did. She had a flight to catch so she got there early and did a Q&A so I arrived in plenty of time to get a good seat. Having managed a bookstore a zillion years ago and having had hosted many a book signing I kinda knew enough to time it right. I sat down but failed to get the magic ticket to get your book signed. A very lovely girl ahead of me had made the same error and her husband saved our seats while we went to search out the golden tickets....well a funny thing happened on the way to the customer service counter because Ms. Diva Jen herself was standing there asking where she was supposed to go! I walked up to her and said hello and she looked right at me and said, "Oh, I know you! But your hair is usually much darker right?" (she had recognized my pic from the times I have left comments on her blog!! OMG!) I smiled and explained that me a L'Oreal have this thing where we switch up the color every now and then...she understood. Now her new book (Such a Pretty Fat...go buy it NOW!) is about weight loss so I mentioned to her that since that pic I had lost a bunch of weight. She said she could totally tell and when I asked her to sign my book since we were standing there chatting ,she did (her pen totally matched her dress AND the book- total Jen move, classic) and she signed it "Tracey, all my best- You look Great! xo, Jen"

I just thought it was super cool that she totally recognized me as soon as I walked up to her and that she noticed my progress. It was a cool event and she was as funny a witty in person as she is in her books (trust me, not always the case) and it was really just what I needed after such an emotional weekend back home.

Ok....so that is my first random moment from my life. Would not be all that cool for everyone but for me it was a sparkly moment that makes me smile everytime I think of it and for that, I thank you very much Jen. You rock and please know you made my day!!

xoxo, T

No comments: