Saturday, January 31, 2009

After the Storm


This must be what it feels like out in the middle of the ocean right after a huge storm has passed.


The violent, blood thirsty 12 foot killers waves that ripped and tore eveything it came into contact with- crushing all in its path and leaving nothing to tell the tale of what one was......have been quieted. The gale force winds that tirelessly attacked the few left out in the storm, left to fend for themselves yet unable to change or stop anything that was happening....are calm now.



The sun has come out and is gentle and caressing your skin, warming you from the inside out. The breeze kisses your nose and holds with it the promise of everything being fresh and new and wonderful. In the blue of the sky and the playful clouds chasing each other across the sky you can see...and alllllmost touch.....every dream you ever had coming true.


This is where I feel I am right now. And it is good.


Don't get me wrong- there are battles yet to be fought and the war is not over yet but just like every other muscle you have I believe my "getting through shit" muscle has gotten strong enough that I KNOW I can handle anything that gets thrown my way from now on.


The end is in sight and there is no stopping me now.

No comments: