Monday, December 15, 2008

Today was a good day


Monday, December 15, 2008


Today was a good day


Current mood: excited

Category: Life



I know I know, yes you are still reading MY blog. It's shocking but true- today was a GOOD DAY!!


It has a sad prequel which is one of my co-workers was laid off due to the economy. She is fantastic and fabulous and I know she will land on her 5 inch heels in a much much better role. Love ya doll! But it is the nature of our business (staffing/recruiting) that things can, will, and often do change so there are really no shocks left anymore.


So the good part is that after one year and 3 managers at my office -I- am now overseeing the entire Phoenix office!! For those of you who haven't a clue what I do...well I am not gonna give you the gritty detail but suffice to say that recruiting has 2 arms- executive search and staffing. In executive search (my speciality) all our placements are permanate. We make the match then my candidates work directly for my client. On the staffing side the hires are temp or temp to perm. I have never dealt with this side of the business, and in fact have avoided it like the plague up until now but I am excited to take on a new challenge and will have a LOT to learn.I'll be going to corp to a staffing boot camp after the Holidays.


Change is good and having a new big challenge I think will put me back in control of my world. I am always best under pressure and the pressure is most certainly ON. I will have a new team to mentor and help grow which is something I am very passionate about. In fact my admin today was the best part of my day. She totally stepped up to the new roles and responsibilites she will have now and we both dug in and spent the day gettting organized and prepared for the new year. I had my doubts about her but I was thrilled at her reaction to the changes- including some very straight talk about some things that hadn't been going well. In one convo I saw a total turn around in attitude and enthusiasm.


My new recruiter will start after the first of the year and if all goes well I will add another after the first quarter. Everything happens for a reason and I gotta believe this opportunity is my chance to finally swing across to the other side and finally leave this horrible, hideous year behind me and wipe the slate clean.


Yay! Oh....and I am getting a shiny new phone tomorrow for FREE. Free and shiny, 2 great tastes that taste great together!! hehehehe- qwerty keyboard here I come!

No comments: