Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bean Bag


Sunday, December 21, 2008


Bean Bag


Current mood: accomplished

Category: Life



I have been a busy little beaver this weekend (eww, don't go there). Now that I am the H.B.I.C. at my office (Head Bitch In Charge) I have been in a bit of a frenzy going through files and organizing. I also bought a fake tree. This is to become our TREE OF PROSPERITY. The only problem with it was it was filthy! Hey, what do you expect for a $10 fake tree from Goodwill. It literally took me like an hour to dust it off and see that the leaves are indeed green and not beige. I did clean it and re-arrange the branches so it looks all full and lush (and dust free!) so here's hoping it does it's job, all while adding a certain home-y touch to the office. I also did a cleansing with a sage stick. Believe what you want but if it was good enough for the Native American Spirit Leaders it is good enough for me. The only draw back is now I smell like a doobie. Hmmmm
So if you saw my newest pic you might be aware I have "officially" hit being down 150 lbs. That is 16lbs a month for 9 months if you are playing the home game. And by official I mean I am not just saying "close enough, rounding up!". If you look at my myspace photo gallery you can obsess right along with me the full legth pics I have taken this year and scrutinize every detail and see what has changed and where. It's kept me busy for hours and hours this weekend. Like how sad does my deflated chin look. Oh I know you noticed too! If you do compare my new pic to that simulated pic of me down 50lbs you can see they were a bit generous on the hips shrinking but my face is def. thinner in real time. Sooooo gonna need nipped and tucked but that is a problem for another day.


I have decided I am a bean bag. You know, the kind you threw at school festivals or that tic tac toe game where the blocks spun? I still have plenty of beans in the bag but there is way more sack than beans. Yup, that's me- a squishy bean bag.


I go to the doc next week and get instructions for my "month off". The doctor wants me to go up to 1400-1600 calories a day from the 800 I am on now. I am more than a bit freaked out by this but I will not leave until I have VERY specific instructions. This will be a good trial run for when I get into maintance phase but its still freaks me out. My goal is to be at or about 145 by the end of June. We will see how it goes. When I come back I think I will go ahead and start on the "new"cookies. They are smaller and taste more like real cookies- in fact they remind me of the cereal Cookie Crisp- anyone remember that? And I guess they have more nutrients stuffed in 'em cuz you don't have to take as many supplements as I do now when you are eating these guys. They are supposed to be coming out with more options (soups, chips, shakes) too so I guess I will try it.


Aside from that I am just gliding along. I haven't been thinking much about the Holidays. Just not on my radar. Work is an excellent distraction which is a good thing. I am sure it will hit me on the day but for now I am staying above the waves.


I do wish you are yours the best-do me a favor and make sure you tell everyone you love how much they mean to you. Life is too short not to love as much as you can everyday!


My love goes out to each of you....

No comments: