Friday, September 5, 2008

I lost a what??




Friday, September 05, 2008



I lost a what??




Current mood: excited


Category: Life



So were you on pins and needles waiting for my BIG announcement? What do you mean no? Your life isn't all about me?? Interesting....



So after 5 full months of being on the Smart for Life diet I have crossed a BIG milestone and have now lost 102 lbs! I am very excited about it and at first thought I would downplay the whole thing cuz, let's be honest, I still have a waaaays to go. But I did think about it and if I were a friend of mine (which I guess I should be my own friend eh? wow- that's deep) I would be proud and want to congratulate them and help them celebrate the moment!! I have always told people that its good to be "even keel" celebrate the victories, mourn the defeats and then get over it and move on. This is the moment to celebrate and I will enjoy it.



So to answer the question "how do youuuuuu FEeeEEEEEelllll!!!?" As squealed to me by so many...well I will now report that yes, I do feel a difference. I had started walking for 20-30 mins a day when I first started this diet but complications from my lymphodema made that messy and painful so I have not been exercising since. Yesterday I decided to take a test stroll on my lunchbreak (since I don't eat and am now broke as a joke so I can't shop). I set out on the path I had blazed 5 months ago and I remember getting a bit winded pretty quick into then but pushing myself anyways. This time I walked twice as far, twice as fast and did not find myself winded. Sweaty...but it is AZ and s104 degrees so that might explain that...but not winded!



I also have many times, like so many, got a call on my cell on the drive home and once parked I would usually sit in my car and finish the convo because if I walked up the 2 flights of stairs to my condo while I was talking on the phone I'd be breathing too hard and I didn't want people to hear me wheeze so I'd just stay in my car until the call was done. Just today I trotted up the stairs while talking and was fine. Seriously, that would not have happened 5 months ago.



I am hopeful that I will be able to get out and start walking some more- especially as the heat breaks here. I don't dig the whole treadmill thing. It feels very "stuck on in the hamster wheel" to me so I am looking forward to walking outside in the cool AZ air (wishing it to be true sooner than later). I do need to invest in an iPod (I know, I am the last human to not have one) so I can jam while I cruise around. I'd like to maybe even start hiking and take some pics while I stroll!



I'd now like to introduce a new weight measurement that I have come up with as a visual for what I have lost so far. This new measurement is called a "Patti". Not a beef patty (mmm) or a pat of butter, or my personal fave- a pepppermint patty (minty fresh!) This new weigh measurement is approx 100 lbs and is based on my lovely counterpart at work. I have lost what she weighs total!! Please see my new pics for your viewing pleasure to compare (and you can also look at the one of me in the purple sweater which was taken Feb 07). So I have now lost a "Patti" and only have one more "Patti" to lose before I hit my goal weight, piece of cake!!



I also want to thank all you guys for your support and for reading along and sharing my adventure. I do hope you have been amused, angered, saddened, inspired and have celebrated and cried right along with me- I know you have because I have felt it. I love you all so much and please keep hanging with me while we work through the rest of this journey!!



Yay!!!!!!! I DID IT!!! Fuck yeah!!!!!!





:)

No comments: