Saturday, July 18, 2009

You Lift Me Up


Challenges come from the most unexpected places. They creep up on us while we are busying doing the simple everyday things that we think are important and they threaten to upturn the little boats we all float through life in. Sometimes it is a momentary challenge like getting your air conditioning fixed in the middle of the season of hell that is Phoenix in the summer. Sometimes it is finding out a dear friend is sick and you are powerless to make it better.


And sometimes.....it is something that you have known for a long long time was broken and yet it once again proves to you just how broken it is and how broken you are because of it.


I have spent alot of time breaking through my own blocks and climbing over the walls that I have come across in my life. I have dug deep into myself and befriended that inner warrior who keeps me strong and safe even when I don't so much feel it on the inside. I have learned I am more powerful and capable woman than I ever guessed I could be and that there is nothing I can't figure out. I especially have learned that when these challenges come up I have an arsenal of weapons and support that I can tap into either collectively or having one person by my side to support me.


I am not alone and while I have my weak moments from time to time (I am human) I do know in my heart all I have to do is reach out and I will have no end of people who love me to help lift me up.


I believe that there are only ever 2 kinds of people....those who want to lift you up or those who try to pull you down. I am honored and grateful to have so many of the first group in my life and I will do everything I can to keep the second group from ever bringing me down. They can try but they won't succeed because I can't be stopped.


You might not expect the challenges life throws you but with the right people by your side you can do anything.

No comments: