Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It only looks easy


So you all know how much yoga has brought to me (thank you Desert Song!!) I keep telling people go for the exercise ands stay for the spiritual journey.


It really has brought me a lot of peace and helped me focus during some rough times in my life. Now the Universe does like it's challenges and continues to lob its curve balls at me so I read something in a yoga journal I get that really hit home for me so I am really putting some energy into it to see what happens.


I can't recall the exact quote but the flavor I got from it was to stop fighting everything that happens and focus more on moving with the flow of life. Letting it wash over you and through you instead of being pelted by life like a fire hose turned on full force.


Now as I am a person who has put in my fair share of miles swimming up steam this seems like a fine idea. I am working on moving with life. I swear I am. I am working so hard at it.


Oh....


Guess what?......


It is just as much work as swimming upstream.


(damn)


Chris just tonight was explaining the concept of how it actually takes more control to stay steady in a strong current than to swim against it sometimes.


Great.


....figgers


(deep sigh)


Still I think it is a theory worth exploring. If nothing else it mixes things up and the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results so at the very least I can hope for different results with a different approach.


Still....it's not nearly as easy as it sounds.

No comments: