Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's longer than a quickie?


I know,I know I posted a "quickie" with a promise of a longer blog to follow and then I slack. Bad Tracey! Bad!!


Things have been super crazy the past few weeks....I know, when are they not in my world eh? (* please note the Canadian influence- can't avoid it, I am becoming one of them!! eep!!)


So work has been INSANE. Our role has changed and I have a new territory which is in the EST. Which means I now have to work 7- 4 and might have to go to 6-3 if we don't hit our number. Now those of you who know me know how much I am NOT a morning person so getting up at O'dark o'clock is NOT my idea of an ideal schedule. And yes I get to leave "earlier" in the day but considering I am wiped out by 4pm and go to bed at 9pm now It's still not much of a gain. (Btw- remember when you saw your parents go to bed early and thinking how lame they were and how they couldn't hang? sorry mom and dad-I get it now!)


And to make things even better Chris had a schedule change at the same time and he is working 2-10pm and his "weekends" are Monday and Tuesday. He came over and stayed Tuesday (yay for sleepovers!) but I was done by 9pm and he didn't come to bed until 11pm. Oh yeah, we are a hot and wild couple.


So that sucks.....trying very hard to not bitch about it cuz its not gonna change any time soon but the level of suckiness is very frustrating to say the least.


And this schedule changes hit at the exact time I started back on the Cookie Diet so it really knocked my body out of its routine which is why I was vulnerable to getting sick. I had a really nasty stomach flu that started Friday, got serious on Sunday night (been a loooong time since I spent the night on the bathroom floor, ahhh college memories) and lasted Tuesday (tried to go to work, they took one look at me and sent me home- great, glad I look that good) and finally shook itself loose yesterday (I credit my boy making me a yummy dinner as the cure- and getting boytime of course).


Diet update you ask? Honestly I am not tracking the number so much as my goal is to get back to where I was in July but if I do add up the lbs it is 15 lbs so far. I still have about 25ish to go before I am back to where I was when I went off course and then once I hit that I have another 40 to go.


Getting back into the routine is pretty easy actually and they switched up the cookies so they taste better than I remember (bonus). I must admit it is still very hard to date and diet. Chris is so great and supportive and I don't want to limit where we go when we do go out (he shouldn't have to suffer) but even the smart choices are more than ideal. Finding those good choices is still a work in progress and the lifelong challenge I have to look forward to.


So yeah....that is really what has been up the last few weeks. I know some of you have noticed less Facebooking than was my norm and this is why. Stupid work getting in the way of FB updates. Geesh, the nerve!


Oh...in case anyone hasn't heard I AM coming home in June (weekend of the 12th) for my OG BFF Kim's wedding and VERY much hope to have a boy with me. There are just too many variables for him to commit right now but I will be there for sure and he is about 70% positive. I am looking forward to coming home during some nice weather. (Snow in April last year?? I'm looking at you!!) I will also be able to meet my Grand NEPHEW who is almost here. Miss Holli Ann is less than week away from being a mommy!! (sooner if she gets her way!) so that will be awesome.


Ok....that's the news for now. I'll get to something deep and thoughtful later but I thought I'd better post before Fran filed a missing Tracey report!


Later kiddies.....

No comments: